Friday, April 30, 2010

I Feel All Spidery

I am pretty sure I'm not going to be very funny today. That is not to imply that anything else on here is "funny", in fact I have been told it's pretty stupid to the extreme. I just mean that today I feel too weird to craft anything even semi-amusing. Unless you're amused by weirdness.

A lot of sucky things have been happening lately. I've been trying a new strategy to deal with them so I don't get all depressed and stop showering. I just ignore my feelings, push them down, and turn up the music really loud. I also put extra energy into checking in on my peeps who I know are going through hard times and baking cupcakes. The whole thing is an elaborate house of cards designed to make me not be a hobo or a wet cat. (If you are confused, you didn't read this: http://interwebcuppycake.blogspot.com/2010/04/showering-is-very-important.html)

I had to put the link because I don't know how to do that thing where you write the word "this" or "here" in weird grayish-blue font and it turns into a link.

There are several other elements involved in this survival plan, but the point is that it cannot be disturbed. Forget the house of cards analogy, it's not a house of cards. It's like I'm one of those clowns who spins all the plates on sticks or whatever. Yeah, I'm that. So I have like 10 plates spinning and it stops me from being depressed, but then someone comes along and kicks me right in the back of the legs, right behind the knees. There's this really scary moment where I don't know if I can keep the plates spinning or they will all go crashing to the ground. I'm kind of doing this little dance and weaving all around trying to keep them up there.

I'm afraid of my plates falling and shattering into a million pieces then I will be a wet cat hobo after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment